- 1 long brinjal
- 1/2 onion
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 chili padi
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- some fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Cut brinjal into 1.5 inch strips.
- Heat wok with oil and add in half amount of garlic, onion, chili and brinjal.
- Stir fry brinjal for 5 minutes, adding water when the wok gets dry. Add 1 tablespoon at a time, enough for it to fry nicely.
- Add soya sauce and continue stir frying for another 5 minutes or until brinjal is soft and white flesh is translucent.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a bowl except corn starch. Mix the sauce well.
- Add sauce and remaining garlic to brinjal and blend well.
- Finally, add the corn starch mixture to thicken the sauce. Put in basil and mix well.
- Dish out and serve with steamed white rice.